Dade County Bar Association
123 NW First Avenue, Suite 214
Miami, Florida 33128
Phone: (305) 371-2220
DADE COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
BOARD MEMBER DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS
The Dade County Bar Association (DCBA), a not-for-profit voluntary bar, was founded in the early 1900's and incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1920. Our Mission Statement is:
The Dade County Bar Association was incorporated in 1920 to serve the lawyers of this county, to promote the administration of justice, to enhance attorney professionalism, and to cultivate positive relationships among all members of the Bar.
The DCBA Board of Directors is the policy-making body of the organization and consists of 35 voting members: President, President-elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer thirty directors with staggered three-year terms and up to eight affiliated bar representatives. The Bar's Fiscal Year runs from July 1 through June 30.
1. Board members are expected to (a) actively support and be familiar with the DCBA's Mission, programs and
activities, (b) support and attend DCBA-sponsored events including the General Membership luncheon, and
(c) serve on at least one committee as required in the By-Laws and offer to take on special assignments.
2. Board members are expected to participate in the Board Orientation meeting and review resource
3. Board members are expected to attend the Annual Board and Committee Chairs Retreat, held the second
Saturday in July.
4. The Board meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. and the meetings last approximately
60 to 90 minutes. The February and March meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month. The Board
does not meet in August. Please review the Board attendance policy.
5. Board members are expected to prepare for and actively participate in Board and committee meetings,
including: reviewing and being knowledgeable about all materials sent to you; being prepared to develop
and/or publicly articulate DCBA Board approved policies; and/or suggesting agenda items on significant
member, organizational or professional issues.
Site Design and Hosting by Netprofession, Inc